There’s something satisfying about putting bread in the oven to bake. The smell wafts through the house, and anticipation builds for a satisfying treat.
Here’s a favorite quick gluten-free and grain-free bread that works for toast, for sandwiches, or for dinner. If you like a heavier bread, such as rye bread, then you’ll enjoy this recipe.
Even though this bread is flat, it slices well for sandwiches, and it stands up to being filled with all the sandwich fixings.
Since this is a fresh bread, be sure to keep it in the refrigerator. It will mold in a couple of days if left at room temperature. It also freezes well.
2 cups roughly ground flaxseed
1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
5 large eggs
½ cup water
1/3 cup avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flax seed with baking powder and salt. Stir to combine and make sure baking powder lumps are gone.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, water and avocado oil and whisk until fluffy.
- Mix liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula until lightly combined. Allow to sit for 3 minutes for mixture to thicken.
- Drop mixture into prepared pan. Smooth with spatula and put into oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden. Remove from oven and lift bread with parchment paper onto cooling rack. This bread can be eaten immediately but slices better when cool.
- Cut into 8 pieces. Perfect for toast or sandwiches. Keeps in refrigerator for up to a week or freezer for three months.